Monday 28 January 2008

Day 13

This was kind of crazy weekend. I got to enjoy the Croatian health care system already. My pierced ear swelled very, very big and hurt a lot. I tried some vodka compress, but it didn't help a lot, so Damjan took me to hospital. Actually it was really great! Doctor and nurses was very, very nice to me, talked to me in English, and the nurse who didn't played with me like with a five-year-old girl. I really enjoyed that.


On Saturday evening Federica, Italian girl arrived. We will need some time to get used to that we are three, but I think it won't take a long time. She' s really nice. And she does know how to cook pasta, unlike us. If we talk about cooking, I'm sure of nothing.

On Saturday we went out a little for some Croatian food again. I must say, that I really like Croatian cuisine. I ordered something, what in English was called Shepard's Hot Pot (Damjan was really amused about this translation). It turned to be a meat soup. And not a meat soup like we eat it in Latvia - with potatoes, cabbages, carrots, etc. No, it was a meat soup only with meat in it! Fabulous! My brother would definitely love this!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yoyo i was trying to find your blog and i menaged to do it from 1st try... and i see noone passed any comments so i will pass one cliche comment

nice blog... ;D

Madara said...

great! so i'll wait for more comments! ;)