Thursday 31 January 2008

Day 16

I'm sitting here at the office and making a presentation for our tomorrows' Latvian evening. And
it's quite hard to understand which information put in the presentation and which to leave out. All information seems very important, but I don't want to make the presentation too long and too boring. Right now I have 6 slides, 3 of them about history and it' s only till 18th century. I still have to put in both World wars, regaining independence, etc., etc. But I think that history is a very important part, I hope they will be interested in that, especially because there are possibilities to draw parallels between Latvian and Croatian history.


Yesterday we went to the swimming pool. It takes a really long time to get there - almost an hour if you are walking. We almost capitulate when met McDonald's in our way and thought about staying there. Fortunately we had enough motivation to continue our search for the swimming pool. And it was really great when we finally got there! We did 30 minutes of swimming and then we went to smaller cool with bubbles and it felt so great and relaxing! I almost got asleep there. Finally we were so tired that we took a tram from half way, although it costs a fortune here. 8 kunas, that' s a lot for the public transport in comparison with Latvia. We pay around 2.5 kunas for a public bus in my town Valmiera and for tram in Riga I think it's around 4 kunas.
Also we did a really great work yesterday, working on project for a training, which could take place here in September, if approved. So maybe I'll return in Croatia in September. Great! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oi... what's new, what did i miss?
how was the Latvian night...
(once again, i'm sorry i wasn't there :( )
see you in the club ;)