Thursday 26 June 2008

Still hot


...but until now this day has been perfect! Ansis changed my flight home, so I will return in Latvia on 9th of July, and one of my ex-course mates invited me to her wedding in August! Cool! I have never been to wedding!

We have also done a lot for tomorrow presentation about our EVS. Textual part is ready, we just have to finish visual (pictures, pictures, lot of pictures...)

Yesterday it was Croatian Independence Day, so we were not working, actually nobody was working. We tried to find some open shop, but of course, we did not succeed. For me it was a surprise that there in Croatia they did not have a National flag to every house in Independence Day as it is in Latvia. You can call it too much nationalism, but I think it is really nice, it gives a festive and solemn feeling and it makes us to feel prouder about our country. But Croatians are proud of their country anyway :)

So we spent yesterday at Valpovo at Federica's friends. It was great! Although very hot... We had a very, very great meal and we spent a nice, relaxing day. And I will never say that public transport is expensive in Latvia, because for 40 minute travel by bus we paid almost three euro, in Latvia I pay for that less one euro... For the price I paid to go from Osijek to Valpovo in Latvia I would go from my home town Valmiera to capital Riga, which is 100 km or 2.5 hours in the bus.

No comments: