Monday 21 April 2008

Day 97

Haven’t been writing in my blog for a very long time. And so much things has happened!

Firstly, we are not in Croatia right now. Because of the residence permit we had to go home and visit our embassies. That was quite crazy - all the planning and re-planning, how things will happen when we come back are while we are away.

We left Croatia on April 10th. Magdalena and Federica went to their embassies on Friday, April 11th. I had to make a new passport and buy tickets for the ferry, because my closest Croatian Embassy is in Stockholm so I left Riga on 15th of April and arrived in Stockholm next day. People in Embassy were really nice and they said that it should not take too long for my residence permit, as I had all the documents needed and even too much – they were quite surprised that I had my birth certificate with me (and in three languages – Latvian, English and Croatian of course).

Now everything depends on how long will it take for people in Osijek police to look through all the papers and then give back the answer to Embassy. In Embassy they said that I don’t have to go to Stockholm one more time, that we can use post. Actually I’m quite happy about that. Ferry is not my favorite way of transportation. Probably I have seen too much “Titanic” and documentaries about ferry catastrophes, and as we were at the very first floor under the water, every time when there was a strange noise or the ship was staggering from the waves, I pictured us trying to get out of the ship, but all the gates are closed and water is coming closer and closer. Brrr! J

But of course, nothing happened and I am still alive J and Stockholm is a very nice city. And great sushi in Mongolian restaurant, by the way!

It is nice to be home. I have been quite busy meeting all the people - friends, family, colleagues, etc. And it does not seems at all that I have been away for three months. Spring is arriving also here. Although it was quite shocking to leave Croatia with blooming lilacs and arrive in Latvia getting better and better. This is one of my favorite seasons – to see how land is getting greener, how burgeons bloom, how birds start to make their nests. And it’s nice to wake up in my bed, see the maple near my window and hear the cranes screaming at the meadows.

Anyway – on 23d I am going to Albania for the training. And it’s going to be so great to meet my dear Federica and Magdalena again! J

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YoYoYo madara, when are you comming back to out little village, so we can be niggaz again :D

i hope soon ;)

ivan