Monday 10 March 2008

Day 55

Ok, we're back from Sarajevo. Nice city is Sarajevo, and I definately have to go back there in the summer. Because this time snow caught us and it was really not the best weather and not the most appropriate clothes for walking around the city. Although we didn't have a lot of chance for it - on-arrival training took all our time, although we had one free afternoon.

What can I say about on-arrival training? Great hotel (huge bed and bathroom like a spaceship!), great food (possibility to choose between traditional Bosnian and something I usually eat in Latvia) and nice people (EVS volunteers from more than 12 countries. But me - only one from Latvia and even Baltic see region, except maybe Polish guys). I'm really eager to visit some of them, for example Nuno and Federico who are our closest neighbours in Novi Sad, Serbia. And it was really great to meet Jelena again! (We met her in Contact Making Seminar and in Sarajevo she made us a great guide tour. My favorite place - bar 'Hemingway', were we could feel like Very Important Persons thanks to Jelena :)

And of course, there were a lot of evaluation. We had to evaluate everything regarding our EVS aims, expectations, fears, and so on and so on. As we're doing evaluation also here in CnC all the time, it sometimes felt too much. But now I'm really sure what was my purposes for coming here to do the EVS. And I don't think that I'll ever forget it. :) However there were some really nice activities like playing Dardanians (or something like that) to raise our awareness about potential intercultural conflicts, or screaming to each other and hugging each other in order to learn how to deal with emotions. All in all it was a very nice training and great experience.

Anyway one of the best things was coming back to Osijek, which felt almost like coming back home. Of course, there were also some problems waiting for us like peč in Federica's room which broke down two times that day few minutes after it was fixed. Luckily heater in my room works very good (tfu, tfu, tfu, three times I spit over my shoulder) and the nice weather is coming back slowly, although it's quite cold during nights.

What else - for me as a person who has studied PR it always has been interesting to hear people opinions about my public image. Today I discovered some interesting things about myself like: she says too much 'maybe' and she's too silent. What to do - I have always said that I don't like to make decisions and - when everybody's talking, you need somebody who listens, don't you? You can never be perfect for all.

OK, I have to make a wish list what I want to be brought to me from Latvia for my boyfriend who's coming on 20th. That's gonna be fun! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My dear Madara. I always say that silence is gold :)

iNuno said...

Hope to see you soon, also. And you know that in Novi Sad you can allways count on my place to crash in.

Pozdrav! :D