Wednesday 6 February 2008

Day 22

Today we were at the swimming pool again. It was great! We were swimming for 50 minutes totally, so I really feel like a champion now :) And weather is just great today - sun is shining, sky is blue and I'm walking around only in my sweater.

Yesterday I did some investigation for our smoking research and found some really unpleasant facts about situation in Latvia. I knew that it's bad, but I didn't know that it's so bad:
International pupil smoking research, conducted in 2002, shows that in Latvia the percentage of the children who have tried smoking is very high - 79,9%. Smoking prevailance in Latvia is very high, especially among girls. Level of smoking for 13 – 15 year old girls is higher than level of smoking among adult women. More than one third of young smokers start smoking not reaching the age of 10. I wonder what is the situation here, in Croatia.


Lately I have thought a lot about my future, what I'm going to do, when I'll be back in Latvia. Although I have five more months to spend here in Croatia and things can change a lot during that time there are many things I have to think about. But I'm really looking forward to my new life after my EVS experience.

And one more thing I'm really looking forward to is our on-arrival training in Slovenia in March!
Next week Magdalenas' friends will arrive, so it's gonna a be something interesting and fun, and week after that is Contact making Seminar, were my friends from Latvia will come. I'm really looking forward to it and I hope that they will bring me some black bread (rupjmaize). I start to miss Latvian food.

Sometihing wrong with the fonts for this post. Sorry! :)

No comments: