Wednesday 27 February 2008

Day 43

Ok, people, I'm back from Contact Making Seminar! Actually two days has passed since it's over, but on Monday we were not working and yesterday I didn't felt very good and there was also our evaluation meeting. But ok, one by one.

Last Tuesday evening Ansis and Valda (my friends from my sending organization in Latvia) arrived. And I was almost late for their train :) Next day we went for a walk around the city with them, we went to AS, one of our favorite restaurants here in Osijek. I ordered some traditional sausages, and they were really, really spicy. That was awful. Now I know which dish I'm not going to order anymore.

On Wednesday all the other participants of CMS arrived, and we had to pick some up at the railway station. At the evening after the dinner (we had very big lunches and dinners all the time during the seminar, this is why now I'm having a fasting) we did one game to get acquainted to other participants better. We had a sheet of paper with questions like: who likes the red color, who is in love, who is born in March, etc. And we had to find 2 persons conformable to this statement. And that was such a pity when it turned out, that nobody's born in March! :D

On Thursday there was official opening with presentations from government. As I have worked as journalist and PR person it was interesting to see how media works here. For example the photographer guy who run in for two minutes, took some pictures and run away again as fast as possible. For my point of view he was not showing lot of respect to our work. But ok, ok, media rules the world.

At the afternoon we had World Caffee - exchanging views and knowledge about Youth in Action programme, and at the evening there was NGO and Country fair. Lots of traditional food, lots of drinks and lots of people and information. That was fun!

Next day we did idea market - we had to think about project idea and then make a poster to promote it. My group made a project idea about sexual and health education training for youth leaders and youth workers. Our idea was quite popular and we got totally 9 countries who would like to participate in this project. I was really happy about that! Next day we continued our work with projects.

On Saturday afternoon we went for the Treasure hunt - a guide tour around the city. Although I am here already for a month there was still things I didn't know - for example Peter Pen ice cream caffee with best ice cream in the town :) And we also went in the cathedral - I had not done it yet either.

And at the evening we went to Ruža for traditional dinner. I really like that place. Interior is really great there, so as food. And gypsies where playing some traditional music, and we were singing and trying to dance although there was almost no space for that. It was really great! After that we went to Bastion and danced a lot. That was also fun! But not so much fun was going home for Tvrđa, because I had high heels and my feet didn't feel very happy about that :)

Sunday was the last day of the Seminar. We continued work on our project ideas and at the afternoon presented them to others. Some really great project ideas arised in this Contact Making Seminar and it would be really great if all of them will be implemented!

At the evening we had a farewell party where all of us got our certificates. And after that there was karaoke party. That was a great! I even sang a song in Croatian together with Ivan: Volim piti, volim piti! :D And we sang lots of other songs and it was such a great fun! :))

Monday I spent together with Valda and Ansis. We went for lunch with Damjan and after that - to Peter Pen, where I had really great and really unhealthy meal (ice cream, hot chocolate and cake). And on Tuesday morning I accompanied them to early morning train 5.25. That was a first time in this country when I woke up so early. I even didn't know that it's possible! :D

And at the evening we had evaluation meeting about CMS. What can I say about that? Oh, these Croats are such a passionate people! Nothing more.

No comments: