Wednesday 13 February 2008

Day 29

Feel like I have done lots of things this morning. I went to the bank and got my PIN finally. This system in the bank is really strange. They didn't give me PIN when I get my VISA card, they said, that they'll send it to my home address by post. But then last week the guy from the bank called and said, that I can go and get my PIN (that guy already knows me, he always smiles and says 'Hi' when I go there). So now I finally have my VISA card and I can take my pocket money in ATM. One more strange thing is, that it's not possible to receive money from my family in Latvia, for example, in my Croatian bank account. If I want to do that, I have to open one more account. I don't think that we had so much bureaucracy in banks when we were not in EU yet. Only thing I really like about banks here is that you don't have to spend so much time in rows like it's in Latvia. In Latvia I usually spend about 15-20 minutes waiting in a row to get the service. Here I enter and I get the service almost immediately.

I also found a place where to buy postcards with pictures of Osijek. I didn't feel like trying to talk in Croatian this morning, so it was very nice that women in the post office spoke very good English.

Yesterday me and Federica went to Tvrđa to finish our survey about youth and smoking. We did very well - we surveyed 35 people, together with 15 I done last week in the Youth Center that makes all 50! Great! I have to work on my research part still and we have to summarize results. The presentation of the research is on Monday.

Yesterday we also had a meeting about Contact Making Seminar. I didn't think that it's gonna take soooo long. I felt quite hungry, so there was no big sense from me. Anyway one more time I got approval to my not very positive view to group work. It's fun and interesting to observe group processes (conflicts, communication problems, struggles for leaders' role), but it's not fun at all to try to work in the group in fast and efficient way if you have to deal with all these things. I know, I know, wrong attitude. Thank you, my dear, we don't need people

But finally I got my omelette with tuna-fish and I was happy. Today we have one more meeting about CMS. And I think that I have to keep some extra food in my bag. I have become really food-addicted lately. :)

No comments: